Saturday, July 3, 2010

An opening.

I'm still in the process of tweaking the layout and appearance here, and deciding on the right blogging "voice", so it will probably take some time for momentum to build, but one has to start somewhere.

The purpose of this blog is to bring together some of my thoughts on and approaches to scavenging around for a career, for want of a better word, that feels right and fits in with the rest of me. I dislike the term "work-life balance", mainly because it often seems to be only applied to women with children, but also because it implies that the two are discreet entities and the challenge is in juggling them. The real challenge is finding work that enhances life.

So, with that in mind, up and atom!

3 comments:

  1. I love the name, and the background is gorgeous! I hate the term "work-life balance" too, I would hate to think that my work contributed nothing to my experience of "living"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're blogging again Sanna, and the background is beautiful. Can't wait to here your pithy and possibly somewhat blackly humorous thoughts on life and work. I'm with you, work and life are far too closely enmeshed for me to try to balance them as if they were separate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sylvia and Elsan - I'm glad you've found me :-)

    ReplyDelete